Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Borrowed Days



I am grateful for that one Saturday,
The day that you and I met for the first time.
The Sunday that followed, dragged so slow.
I couldn't wait for the new tomorrow.

Monday came, and we saw each other again.
We talked and laughed as if we've known each other forever.
I got up on Tuesday with a new perspective,
It is another borrowed day but it will be spent with you.

I'm torn between happiness and sadness on Wednesday,
Happy for our time, yet sad that it is waning.
Thursday came like a wrecking ball.
And hit me with the reality that you will be leaving soon.

Let's be over and done with Friday,
The day that I woke up and felt an empty space in me.
Saturday came rushing in,
And I know I will never be the same again.

Image: http://www.minutehound.com/time-clock-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Time-Clock-Sand-300x200.png

No comments:

Post a Comment