Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

Fresh Start


For the last three years I only had my sights on you. And I'm not quite sure why I did it, when clearly I was just a moment's glimpse for you. We were both like this Katy Perry song; Hot n Cold. Rarely on the same side, and always in contrast. We had our shares of ups and downs, and mostly it was just me trying to hold on to you, to us. 

It took me some time to realize that after all these times, "there was never an us". And I kept on fighting for something that was never mine to begin with. Fast forward to now, I have learned to value myself more over other people, over you. And now I am beginning to see the world in a new perspective, where there is no you and just me. At first it seemed strange and scary, but little by little I have learned to adjust. There is so much to see and do in this world. Ironically, I've learned that if I focused on myself more, I would get a 360 degrees view of what life can be.

Recently, I went out to meet with people I barely knew. It was a risk, but I did it. I want to get to know people who would want to get to know me too. And for the first time, I've opened my self again to others and it felt good, it felt right, it felt liberating.

I know it won't be easy in the coming days, when all the dust will settle. But I know that I can do it, and I can have a fresh start. But for now, I will focus on the good and forget about the bad. It always pays to be positive about life no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment