Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

30 Things I Learned Before I Turn 31

 I am turning 31 in a few days, and here are the things that I've learned 360 days after I turned 30:
  1. Coffee is much preferred over alcohol. I can handle undersleeping, but hangover is a big NO!
  2. I don't have to chase people. If they want me in their lives, they'll make time for me. 
  3. Reading was and still my favorite past time. Hello Carlos Ruiz Safon!
  4. I still fuss about my favorite shows. I'm still crazy about you my dear Harvey Specter.
  5. I love meeting new people but there are also times that I'd rather stay at home.
  6. I still can't talk about my feelings openly. And here I thought I'll change after 30, but I didn't.
  7. It's ok to feel helpless sometimes. I am not a superhero, I need help, we all do.
  8. If you love them, let them go. This is what my mom did, she allowed me to be on my own.
  9. I no longer need anyone's approval but my own. "It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever."
  10. Music is my best comforter. When I'm sad, I listen to sad songs and let it all out in one go and after that I feel a lot better.
  11. Wash off your mascara before peeling and chopping onions. The struggle is real!
  12. Never ever let anyone feel that they are a second-class citizen, a spare tire or whatever you call it. It's just unacceptable, the worst feeling in the world. You can either be all in for that person or just leave completely.
  13. Be spontaneous, being over 30 doesn't mean that you no longer can.
  14. Eat your vegetables. You need your daily dose of fiber.
  15. Call your parents. You may be old enough to start a family of your own but you'll always be the baby in their eyes.
  16. Travel often. If there's a will, there's a way.
  17. Take a lot of pictures, but not necessarily post it all on social media.
  18. Social media is there to help you connect with family and friends, not your own crappy reality channel.
  19. Exercise. You are no longer in your twenties, you need to burn those calories down.
  20. Learn new things. Life is a continuous improvement process.
  21. Forgive people. It does a lot of good for you  than for them.
  22. Listen to 90's music every once in a while. It's ok to reminisce your younger years.
  23. Stop waiting for that guy/girl. He/she may not be into you, and you're just wasting your life pining for that person.
  24. Go on dates. You are wonderful as you are.
  25. Always acknowledge even the littlest blessings in each day.
  26. It's better to be single than in a toxic relationship.
  27. Eat all the food that you like,  but in moderation.
  28. Smile often, it'll make you feel better.
  29. Talk to yourself.
  30. You've survived 30 years, you have more experience now. Nothing will come your way that you won't be able to handle.

2 comments: