Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Why I Can't Fall for You

Falling in love is a good feeling, until it's not. Yes, I know it's not the best opening sentence to a blog entry but it is the truth. Love or the feeling of being in love is not all it's cracked up to be. Just like every other emotion, there are pros and cons to it. I don't want to eat my words in the future, but basing on experience I can pretty much say that it is not for me. Love is just too much for me to handle or maybe, love can't handle me? I am not sure though.

I am an INTJ, and no, we are not heartless contrary to popular beliefs. We may be distant, but never cold (although we always seem to be). It's just that we value logic over our emotions. It's not that we are emotionless, it's just that we are logical beings, we've been hurt before and we want to avoid ourselves from getting hurt all over again.

I came up with the reasons why I can't allow myself to fall for a particular person in mind. It doesn't help me much, but I'm hoping I can convince myself to stop feeling anything anymore.
  • I am a logical person, but when I allow myself to fall, all logic goes out into the window. It's like I'm not myself anymore. Or is it possible that being illogical is the real me and I'm just suppressing it with my logical facade? 
  • I don't obsess, but I do think immensely. And you... I can't seem to get you off my head. You became an obsession. And it's not healthy (it's never healthy, who am I kidding?).
  • You seem to get me, I know it's a good thing. But I am beyond scared that you know me so well to the point that you already have an idea of what are the things that could ruin my entire being.
  • I crave attention, I never do that. But with you, there is never enough. I want to be with you all the freaking time! It's like I am turning into someone that I hate, I hate emotions, I hate attachments. But you.. you make me want all those stuff. 
  • I like the feeling of being cared for by anyone besides family and myself. I'm like a living contradiction. I don't want to be taken care of by anyone but you. 
  • I never plan for the future, unless it's a career path or anything that will help me improve myself. But now, I can see changes creeping in. Before I go to bed, my traitorous mind injects some scenes of you and me together. All smiley, and it creeps the hell out of me.
  • You make me smile.You make me feel like a He is We song, "A little pathetic, with a dash of ooey gooey so romantic.". You make me feel like a girl: nice and sweet. So sweet that I can kill you with diabetes.
  • You possibly are dating someone else, I've no idea because I'm "too cool and chill" to ask you. I know I am way too old for those adjectives, but I am just scared to ask.
  • You are a Katy Perry song, one minute you're hot, and you're cold the next. You make me feel like the only person in the world, in the most special way and the only person in the world, in the loneliest way. 
  • I never knew how to play this game, and I don't want to. 
Kristina, please stay logical before it's too late. 

1 comment: