Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Post Script

I can’t say that I haven’t seen these things coming. In fact, for the past couple of years I’ve been seeing it like a trailer of an upcoming season of a TV series that’s been long overdue. I’ve memorized all the scenes and dialogues. But why am I still caught off guard?

Maybe it’s human nature, or maybe it’s just me. That, I will never know.

I can perfectly recall I’ve asked you at least five times, and you’ve lied straight to my face (or through my phone?). I just don’t understand why’d you have to do it to me or with me. You said you cared, and I thought you were different. But sadly, I’ve been mistaken. I don’t know if I’ve been very trusting with you, or just plain gullible. That’s a thin line now that I can’t seem to distinguish.

I know I’m not the easiest person to be with, my friends and family can attest to that. But I’m not hard to be with either. You could’ve told me earlier, and I would’ve stayed away and saved myself from whatever this is I am dealing with right now. It is unfair that you kept me in the dark when I’ve begged for you to turn on the switch of this dingy tunnel that we’ve ended up in.

I am a fool but never stupid. But lately, I would rather be stupid than a fool. Because at least, I wouldn’t have to deal with myself and just blame it to plain stupidity. But no, I wasn’t stupid because I saw all the signs and I gladly rejected them with my rose-colored glasses and happily rode off my unicorn to the golden sunset.

Now I'm left behind picking up all the pieces of me that has been shattered, but don't you worry I've been in this position before and I am pretty sure I'll get out of this sooner than expected. Just one request though, let's not be friends. I know I said that we should just be, but obviously I was lying, because we were never friends and I don't think we'll ever be. 

And lastly, don’t think highly of yourself that I’m writing this blog entry because of you, this is more for me. Trust me on this. This is my way of finally saying goodbye to whatever we had. It’s been a great ride but reality kicks in and this roller coaster ride should be over, or else we'll be spinning in loops forever.

PS Thank you for finally letting me down in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, it helps. The city is so beautiful that I forget what I'm going through. Nice final move. I promise, no hard feelings, it wasn't all you nor me. It was a story co-written by the two of us. And just like how the year is coming to an end, I think that we should too.



No comments:

Post a Comment