Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Fashion Icons


I've been daydreaming of New York these past days, and certainly there's no place I'd rather be than in the Big Apple. Aside from the fact that NYC is my most favorite city in the world, this time of the year is the most important time for the fashion world. It's New York Fashion Week! To honor the NYFW, I am going to write about my personal fashion icons and this list is in no particular order.

Maura Isles


I know she's not a real person, she's Sasha Alexander's alter ego in the show Rizzoli & Isles but her outfits are always on point! Her ensembles may be unpractical for her job as a ME, but who cares? She makes it work for her! And she is best known to the fandom as Dr. Death!

Whenever I dress up for work, I always ask myself "Will Dr. Isles approve of this?".

Lauren Conrad


I love her since her Laguna Beach days up to the time she climbed the fashion ladder after The Hills (Yes, I watch crappy reality TV and I'm not a bit guilty). She has this SoCal vibe in her all the time.  Lauren is basically a ray of sunshine. She exudes this brightness whenever she walks in to a room. And I go to LC whenever I needed pointers for outfits during summer, and for laid back weekends with my friends and family.

Olivia Palermo


She's the epitome of NYC chic, the exact opposite of Lauren. She's my fall/winter fashion icon even back when I was in my home country and have neither fall nor winter seasons. In my defense, we have the rainy and cold season which I think is pretty much the same (Or not, but let's just pretend that it is, shall we?). Olivia makes everything so effortless, she walks her dog in Central Park wearing her Chanel calf-skin loafers like it's no big deal. And run about the city doing errands in her sky high Loubies.

Cara Delevingne


She's a model, she's definitely a style icon. But when Cara is off-duty being a model, she's very relatable. She makes wearing sneakers and varsity jackets look chic. And she's an expert when it comes to rocker chic, because she rocks! Did you know that she plays the drums and the guitar so well? And she has this good singing voice! And man can she act! She's actually one of my girl crushes.

Kendall Jenner


The only Kardashian that I can stand. She's like this odd one of her family. She's the only one who doesn't have lip fillers, and the only one who insists to her sisters that they not need to do anything to alter their appearances because they are already beautiful as they are. And she's a  got a career as a model. And lives her adult life without a camera following her, except for the paparazzi of course, and the cameras during her runway shows. And Kendall's outfits whenever she's out and about is just as normal as any person her age can be, but with a WOW factor. I bet she'll look good even in a potato sack.


All images from google.










No comments:

Post a Comment